PASTOR OF CANTONESE MINISTRY
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
FIRST CHINESE BAPTIST CHURCH, FOUNTAIN VALLEY
16835 BROOKHURST STREET, FOUNTAIN VALLEY, CA 92708
Education: Master of Divinity (minimum) from an accredited evangelical seminary.
Doctrine: Consistent with FCBCFV statement: “What We Believe” and “The Baptist Faith and Message (2000)”
Language: Cantonese Chinese, with communication skills in English.
Marital Status: Married and whose wife wholeheartedly supports and actively assists in the ministry.
Spiritual Maturity: Have the godly character of an overseer and elder as defined in 1 Tim. 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9
Leadership: Able to lead and develop others
Evangelism: Able and willing to reach the unsaved and lead them to Christ
Communication Skills: Strong preaching and teaching ability
Interpersonal Skills: Strong relationship and conflict resolution skills; able to work harmoniously with others in a multi-cultural, multi-lingual and multi-generational church.
Exception: Exceptional candidates not completely qualified may also apply for consideration.
- Minimum of 3 years as a member of a pastoral team
- Willingness to consider a long-term commitment
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Pastor of Cantonese Ministry will
- Develop, implement and apply the church vision to the Cantonese-speaking adult ministry
- Serve as a spiritual leader and shepherd of the Cantonese-speaking individuals and families
- Integrate Cantonese ministry into the larger church family
- Perform duties as ministry needs arise under the direction of Senior Pastor
- Develop a strategy to make disciples of Cantonese-speaking individuals (Matthew 28:19-20)
- Preach regularly in worship services (2 Timothy 4:2-4)
- Develop servant-leaders according to their spiritual gifts to build up the church body (Romans 12:3-8; 1 Corinthians 12; Ephesians 4:1-16)
- Oversee and shepherd weekly Cantonese-speaking ministry programs and special events (1 Peter 5:2)
- Care for, evangelize and visit with Cantonese-speaking individuals and their families (Acts 15:36; James 1:27)
- Attend and actively participate in meetings, including pastoral staff, deacons, officers, prayer, business and other special meetings as needed
- Maintain regular office hours
- To God
- To the Congregation members
- To the Senior Pastor