NJ First Chinese Baptist Church of Edison (NJFCBC) NJFCBC is looking for an experienced minister to fill in the position of full-time Chinese Ministry pastor. As a leader of the Chinese ministry, the individual will dedicate himself to prayer and preaching and teaching of Word of God. He will work with the English Ministry pastor and church coworker group to seek and set the ministry vision, develop objectives and approaches to achieve it, give spiritual direction and counsel to the coworkers, care for the flock and exercise discipline to maintain the purity of doctrine and guard the holiness of the ordinance. We expect the individual to have a heart of a shepherd and possess a Christ-like character with qualities such as faithfullness, humility, meekness, pursuit of holiness, love for the lost and authentic leadership as examplified in his personal and family life. The candidate should be committed to God's local church mission, southern baptist faith tradition, self-motivated, be able to meet the daily ministry demand and carry out pastoral duties as laid out below.
Position Title: Chinese Ministry Pastor (Full Time)
1) develop, implement and periodically evaluate measurable personal and ministry objectives as ways and approaches to achieve overall church vision and mission
2) perform regular preaching from Chinese Ministry pulpit
3) constantly "monitor" the overall health of worship and prayer meeting, and lead the Ministry to regain high ground of God's presence
4) conduct two ordinances in accordance with SBC faith and tradition: baptism and Lord's supper
5) equip coworkers to effectively carry out various Chinese ministries (such as Friday night bible study, Sunday school, care group and outreach/evangalism) through - coworker teaching, training and workshops - formal and informal discipleship
6) lead the planning and execution of outreach activities and events consistent with the church vision
7) provide counseling to church coworkers and members at different stages of life, in areas such as personal growth, pre-marital and marital (and/or willing to acquire/improve such skills through additional course taking and training)
8) conduct home visitations, wedding and memorial services for church members as requested/needed 9) initiate and/or attend various ministry committees and meetings, including pastoral care activities
1) master of divinity from a recognized accredited seminary
2) agree with baptist faith and tradition represented in the New Hampshire Baptist Confession of Faith 1833/1853 or SBC Faith and Message 1963/2000
3) preferably 3 or more years of pastoral experience in North America
4) able to preach and counsel in Mandarin Chinese, and communicate effectively in English. Conversational skills in Canonese Chinese a plus
5) a team player with strong active listening, communication and interpersonal skills
6) deep conviction for discipleship and has practiced it both formally and informally
7) familiar with American and Chinese cultures such as those from China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Southeast Asia.
2) personal testimony (and other articles if relevant),
3) sample sermon (preferably audio and video)
4) references (which may be submitted at a later stage)
About New Jersey First Chinese Baptist Church (NJFCBC):
Affiliated with Southern Baptist Convention (SBC), NJFCBC is a local church with an active membership that averages around 80-100 in attendance on every Sunday and various small groups throughout the weekdays. NJFCBC was founded in May 1991 and located at 592 Old Post Rd, Edison, NJ with increasing diversity in membership (though the majority is ethnic Chinese currently).
For more information, please visit https://www.facebook.com/NJFCBCOE and https://www.njfcbc.org to learn more about our church, or contact brother Wen at 917-239-8859