Our Statement of Faith
- 1. That the Bible, consisting of both the Old Testament and New Testament, is the infallible Word from God, written through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, and is the highest standard of our faith and conduct.
- 2. That there is only one true God, manifested in the Trinity of God the Father, God the son, and God the Holy Spirit. He is the Sovereign Lord, the Creator and Sustainer of all things.
3. That Jesus Christ is God’s only Son, born of the Virgin Mary through the power of the Holy Spirit. He shed His blood for the redemption of the sins of the world. He died, resurrected and ascended to heaven, and will return a second time as He promised.
4. That the Holy Spirit is of the same essence, authority and attributes as God the Father and God the Son. He exists alongside with the other two. He works in the church, and leads believers into the truth.
5. That man is made in the image of God, but is in need of salvation from God because of Adam’s fall into sin.
- 6. That those repent of their sins, and accept Jesus Christ shall be made righteous through faith in Him.
- 7. That those who are made righteous can live a life of sanctification and holiness through the power of the Holy Spirit.
- 8. That those who believe in Christ will experience bodily resurrection and enter into eternal life, and those who do not believe will be resurrected but subjected to eternal condemnation.
- 9. That the church is the one body with Christ as the head, and the various parts consist of all born of the Holy Spirit, and they relate to one another through worship, fellowship, and service.
- 10. Marriage and Human Sexuality:
- Marriage - Marriage is a biblical institution established by God as clearly described in the scriptures. CESNA recognizes that marriage as God intends as a union of one man and one woman in covenant commitment for a lifetime. Accordingly, CESNA, its staff and students will not participate in same sex unions or same sex marriages, nor shall its property or resources be used for such purposes.
- Human Sexuality - The Bible teaches that legitimate sexual relations are exercised solely within marriage. Hence, CESNA opposes all forms of sexual immorality, including adultery, homosexuality, and pornography.
Our vision is to equip godly servants, co-workers and leaders for the church by providing foundational, professional and leadership training. In recent years, there are increasing demand for leaders in the nurturing and outreach ministries of Chinese churches in North America, to be involved in discipleship of believers, strengthening of families and mission overseas. To address this need, China Evangelical Seminary North American, adhering to Taipei China Evangelical Seminary's mission and spirit, commits to equip ministry workers who are developed in spiritual, theological, and ministerial aspects in a balanced way, empowering them to serve effectively according to their gifts. Therefore, we are committed to provide for the North American Chinese churches full-time and part-time ministry workers, using their professional training to serve God faithfully. We are committed to partner with local churches to equip leaders at different levels and in different areas of ministry, enabling them to provide spiritual leadership, empowering them to have bigger, wider, and deeper impact.
Our strategy is to collaborate with the local church in planning and offering a balanced, diversified theological training curriculum that includes Biblical studies, theology, and ministry; with Los Angeles as base, extending the equipping network to all parts of U.S. through appropriate teaching modalities and media. We seek to assist churches to build up believers with God’s truth, to help individuals grow regardless of their denominational backgrounds. We partner closely with North America Chinese churches, supporting and designing for them balanced, purposeful, diversified training curricula. Through biblical, theological, and practical ministerial education and counseling, training focused Christian workers who would serve the church faithfully, participate in global mission, thus fulfilling the Great Commission entrusted by God.